The Art of Magic Word Party Game
Magic Word Party Game is a social iPhone game you play with friends and family.
What is Magic Word Party Game?
- A party game you play with Friends and Family.
- A trivia game you play by yourself.
- Must have “word” and “party” in the title.
Iterative Design Process
- Focus on User Centered Design – Anyone can play!
- Early Designs
- Sketch > Mockup > Final
- Color Research
- Fonts – Hiero Font Editor (bitmap fonts)
- Fonts – Standard iPhone fonts for most
Rapid Prototype Development
- Using Flash for proof of concept, quick animation demos, and flow.
- PhoneGap for early working demos.
- Decided not to use it due to performance issues we could not overcome at the time.
- Cocos2D for final development.
Refined Design and Polish
- Use Apple template for standard sizes and placement to stay familiar with apps and lingo.
- 32-bit PNG files – no sprite animations.
- Animations are coded.
- Learning to develop for the iPhone over time.
- Exporting final assets.
- Sharing folders.
Organic Main Menu
- Main Menu changes depending if the app is free (supported by AdMob), logged into Facebook, Friends, or Resuming a Game.
- Connect to Facebook – Story Feeds
- Post to Twitter
- Single Player Trivia
- Multiplayer Party Game
- Customize Game Length & Win Conditions
- Multiple Game Types
Download the entire Magic Word Party Game Design – PDF Document